Wow. That is all I have to say for all the exciting things this past year contained. First, the birth of sweet Layla was probably the most exciting thing.
| Layla Ann Leonard born at 2:49 pm March 25th, 2011 |
I then graduated (finally!) with my Bachelor in Interdisciplinary Studies. I can officially teach kindergarten-6th grade, but I'm not sure if I ever will. We are definitely leaning towards homeschooling when the time comes.
| May 14th, 2011 |
My sister got married on July 16th, so we got to be a part of that beautiful wedding.
Our wedding was next on September 17th, 2011! In the end, we were married and that was ALL that mattered. :-)
We then got to move in to our cute little house. We live on post in a 2 bedroom duplex and love ever inch of it.
As for new year resolutions, we don't have many specific ones. I'm going to list a few just because I can.
1. Play more. I feel like the past couple months have just been crazy. We had company one weekend. We both have 9-10 months olds. We sat in Layla's room just playing, and I realized, unfortunately, that that does not happen very often. I want to PLAY more with Layla instead of worrying about the kitchen being cleaned or the laundry done.
2. Spend more time outside. It is beautiful outside today, and after it warms up a bit, Layla and I are heading outside. I want her to remember playing outside as much as her father and I remember. I remember getting dirty and feeling "free" when I was younger. Kids don't do that enough these days, and Z and I are not being very good examples because we rarely spend time outside.
3. Get and STAY healthy. I don't even know where to begin. I just know that every little bit helps. It also helps that my daughter thinks it is hilarious watching me workout, so that's even better.
4. Drink less sodas. I'd like to eventually cut these out all together, but it. is. so. hard.
5. Cook more. I want to cut out eating out. Not only will we eat healthier, but we will also save a lot of money that way.
6. Be a better friend. I've so been lacking on the quality of being a good friend. I'm going to do better. I'm going to do things I wish people would do for me, and I'm going to love like I'd like to be loved.
7. Write down every day something that happened. I want to remember things. I've already started this. Z got me a beautiful journal for Christmas.
8. Read more. Oh, thank goodness for my awesome Nook from Tiane and Christian. I have already been reading more. I am going to shoot to read one non-fiction book a month (plus some of those good fictional books!) Starting with some Dave Ramsey books.
9. Save more. We are starting the Financial Peace University at the 1st Methodist church here in Killeen Wednesday night. it's just a preview, but then the classes start on the 18th. I'm very excited about getting out of debt!
10. Do more things as a family. We want to go camping even if it is just to Blora here on post. We want to go to the park every Saturday. As long as we are spending time together, it doesn't matter where we are.

No comments:
Post a Comment