Thursday, December 8, 2011

24 hours

 Time management has never really been a strong suit of mine. I have always made lists the night before going to bed in hopes of accomplishing every meaningless task listed, but I fail over and over again. The past couple of days have been horribly busy as I've been trying to get several projects finished by my made up deadlines, so last night when I made my list, Z found it humorous that at the top of the list I actually put 1. brush teeth. 2. wash face. 3. get dressed. 


I had planned on getting up early, but before I realized, it was 8:30 and there was a naked little girl walking into my room (accompanied by her father). Fast forward 3 hours and I'm brushing my teeth while starting a load of towels (yes, at the same time). Then I washed my face, okay, I cheated by applying a mask instead. Luckily I used a mask because Piccolo decided she, in fact, was not ready for a nap, so I got to rock her while she admired my glistening face. 


Projects? Well, my sister asked me to make her new family's stockings for Christmas this year. After one failed attempt, I finally finished and got them in the mail yesterday afternoon. I'm thoroughly pleased with the outcome and am even more excited to start on my own family's stockings. 

I think my sewing machine is enjoying all the attention she has been getting recently, and I'm glad we have reconnected. 

We also introduced Piccolo to painting yesterday. Yeah, we've done a couple hand prints here and there, but this, my friends, was full body, paint in every roll type of painting. Pictures? Why, of course! 
Excited about painting! 

Note: tuna cans may be more entertaining then the paint itself
Piccolo loved chewing on the cans. Overall, it was a lot of fun especially considering the fact that when she was done, we could just run some water and the mess would wash away. Success. 

24 hours is not much time in a day, but it's all we have. We can choose to fill it with work, cleaning, folding, mopping, sweeping, blogging (guilty!), or we can fill it with more fun things like spending time with our loved ones, singing, dancing, painting, and loving. 

I'll choose the latter. (so this is good bye for today!)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment