Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Smiley


She smiles almost all the time. It's so wonderful to go get her out bed in the mornings or after nap and to see a smile on her face.

One of the things that has grown tremendously since having Layla is my patience. I have began to realize that there is absolutely nothing in the world more important than spending time with Layla. If I rush through things like bath time and bed time, it will all soon be over and I won't remember it. She won't either for that matter. One song that has become a tradition to our bedtime routine is Forever and a Day by Jewel. I love it. :-) Zach and I actually bought the cd before Layla was here. Actually before we even knew we were having a girl.

Bedtime and naptime has started to get a bit more difficult. Even though Layla is exhausted, she simply does not want to go to sleep. She used to be such a great sleeper. Even if I had to get up in the middle of the night, she'd take care of her business and go back to sleep. I think we're getting better...she just doesn't want to miss anything and tries to stay awake.

We now have 48 days until the wedding. (yay!!!) I can't wait. It will be nice to not have to go two weeks in between visits with Zach. i can't imagine how different Layla is after two weeks without seeing her. It'll be even nicer to finally have a house of our own and settle in.

Well, some craft projects are calling my name. I will hopefully post pictures soon. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment